OCU500: Bivalent COVID-19 inhaled vaccine
OCU510: Seasonal quadrivalent flu inhaled vaccine
OCU520: Combination quadrivalent seasonal flu and bivalent COVID-19 inhaled vaccine.
The OCU500 vaccine series is based on a novel ChAd platform designed to reduce transmission and protect against new variants with long-term durability.
Inhalation technology as a differentiator
- Multiple preclinical studies using Ocugen’s vector demonstrated vaccine-induced high neutralizing and effector responses
- Clinical studies using a similar vector administered via the inhalation platform showed mucosal antibodies, systemic antibodies, and durable immune response up to 1 year with 1/5 of the dose compared to the same vaccine given via intramuscular administration
- The inhaled method offers the potential for broad, durable protection from severe disease and reduction in transmission
Other features include:
- Needle-free administration
- Potential for increased compliance
- Scalable manufacturing
- Stored and shipped at standard refrigerated conditions
- Potential to develop multi-strain and variant specific versions