Location: Malvern, PA
Reports to: Corporate Controller
The Staff/Senior Accountant will assist in the monthly and quarterly close and financial reporting processes at a fast paced, growing public company. The Staff/Senior Accountant role is a newly created role and will be key to the organization in performing many aspects of the financial statement preparation and reporting processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated financial statements as well as filings with the SEC, including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, Proxy statements, earnings releases and other ad hoc filings or registration statements.
- Participate in the month and quarter end close, including posting journal entries to the general ledger and preparing account reconciliations and analyses for assigned areas.
- Prepare various schedules and workpapers to support the financial statement close process and internal reporting as well as to support annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Coordinate with the external auditors and respond to audit requests.
- Perform ongoing SOX compliance requirements and support the related audit. Adhere to internal control policies and procedures, identify areas for improvement, and propose recommendations.
- Assist with systems implementations and/or process enhancements as required.
- Monitor accounting policy developments and assist in documenting and implementing new accounting policies.
- Perform technical GAAP and SEC research and assist with the preparation of technical memos or disclosure checklists, as needed.
- Perform or participate in special projects or ad hoc assignments, as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Accounting preferred); CPA license preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP as well as SEC and SOX regulations
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Superior attention to detail; high level of organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment
Incumbent will primarily work Monday – Friday during normal business hours in an office environment. Additional hours (i.e., overtime) may be needed during peak periods.
This position operates in an office setting with minimal to no travel required.
← Go back